1) In 2018
- The Democrats will win control of the House of Representatives.
- The Republicans will retain control of the Senate.
- President Donald Trump will provoke the use of the 25th Amendment by his Cabinet to remove him temporarily from office.
- The key issue in the congressional races will be whether or not to impeach President Trump.
2) At the end of 2018,
- More American troops will be deployed around the world than are today.
- The United States will be directly involved in a land war in North Korea.
- The United States will renounce its membership in NATO.
- All American combat troops will be back home in the United States.
3) In 2018, President Trump will
- Issue more executive orders than President Barack Obama did in eight years.
- Build a wall along the Texas-Mexico border without congressional authorization.
- Use military force to prevent former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie from taking over “The Apprentice.”
- Stop using Twitter.
4) In 2018, the Supreme Court will
- Reverse Roe v. Wade, thereby handing off the abortion controversy to the states.
- Find that the right to carry arms outside the home is protected by the Second Amendment.
- Outlaw the government’s mass surveillance of Americans.
- Have its oral arguments televised.
5) In 2018, President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin will
- Race to see who can hack the other’s Twitter account more effectively.
- Proclaim their personal and eternal friendship to each other.
- Agree to produce a shirtless 2019 calendar together.
- Threaten each other over Russian military forces in Finland.
6) In 2018, WikiLeaks will release
- Secret tapes of the meeting in Trump Tower between members of the Trump campaign, including Donald Trump Jr., and Russian agents.
- Hillary Clinton’s favorite yoga positions.
- Proof that Bill Clinton is a crook.
- Emails showing where President Obama was born.
7) In 2018, President Trump will
- Wage a hostile takeover of NBC.
- Fire Lorne Michaels and hire the entire “Saturday Night Live” cast to work for the Trump Organization.
- Pick more fights than a fourth-grade schoolyard bully.
- Renounce building the wall.
8) In 2018, former Gov. Christie will
- Attempt professional wrestling for his next career.
- Try a cable TV gig at MSNBC and hate it because it is too much work.
- Become a roadie for Bruce Springsteen’s next tour.
- Curse the day he first heard of the George Washington Bridge.
9) In 2018, Sen. Ted Cruz will
- Retire to Texas.
- Announce that he will challenge President Trump in 2020.
- Be appointed to the Supreme Court.
- Face a very serious challenge by a popular and wealthy Republican congressman from Texas.
10) In 2018, President Trump will begin his “I Am the Greatest” tour by
- Listening to Hillary Clinton stump speeches.
- Sitting through a dinner with Paul Ryan and Buddy Ryan arguing about Federal Reserve policy.
- Giving a lecture at Princeton University about how bad a president Woodrow Wilson was.
- Hosting “Saturday Night Live.”
11) In 2018, the news media will
- Embrace fake news 24/7 by establishing formal fake news outlets.
- Make billions covering the Trump administration.
- Be ostracized by President Trump.
- Largely be very frustrated as President Trump continues to bypass and ignore them.
12) In 2018, former President Obama will
- Start a health insurance company.
- Become the president of the University of Chicago.
- Show up everywhere.
- Be shunned by fellow Democrats.
13) In 2018, the World Series will be won by
- The New York Yankees, after Jerry Jones buys the team.
- The Boston Red Sox, after cheating.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The San Francisco Giants, after Nancy Pelosi and her husband buy the team.
14) After the 2018 season, the Super Bowl will be won by
- The Dallas Cowboys, after Jerry Jones sells the team.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers
- The New England Patriots, after another Bill Belichick/Tom Brady cheating scandal.
- The Cleveland Browns, after a miracle.
15) In 2018, global warming will be
- Embraced by President Trump as part of a deal he will later renounce.
- Exposed as a hoax.
- Largely forgotten.
- The subject of another encyclical by Pope Francis.
16) One year from today,
- Pope Francis will be voluntarily retired and living as a simple parish priest in a slum in Buenos Aires.
- Divorced and remarried Catholics will lawfully be able to receive the Holy Eucharist.
- Roman Catholic cardinals will have deposed Pope Francis for heresy.
- Antonin Scalia will be on his way to formal sainthood.
17) One year from today,
- The United States will have imposed a 50 percent tariff on all goods made in China.
- The Federal Reserve will be retaining artificially low-interest rates.
- More Americans will keep their cash in shoe boxes than in banks.
- Bank bankruptcies will be happening once a week.
18) One year from today,
- We will all know how wealthy President Trump is — or isn’t.
- Mike Pence will have announced that he will be running for president in 2020.
- The Islamic State group will be history.
- Former Gov. Christie and California Gov. Jerry Brown will be cellmates in a federal prison.
19) One year from today,
- Hillary and Bill Clinton will have been indicted by a federal grand jury for operating a criminal enterprise.
- Roger Clemens will be in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- None of President’s Trump’s 2017 advisers will be working for him at the White House.
- More people will be on Obamacare than were in 2017.
20) In the long run
- Everything the government has it has stolen.
- Everything the government says is a lie.
- That government is best which governs least.
- All of the above are true.
My choices are 1a, b, d; 2b; 3b; 4b; 5d; 6a; 7d; 8b; 9d; 10d; 11d; 12d; 13c; 14b; 15a; 16b; 17b; 18a; 19a; 20d.
Happy new year.
COPYRIGHT 2018 ANDREW P. NAPOLITANO
DISTRIBUTED BY CREATORS.COM